Sweet potatoes are high in beta carotene, potassium, fiber, and vitamins A & C. When shopping, select sweet potatoes that are firm, about the same size, and free from cracks and decay. Sweet potatoes will store 3-5 weeks in a cool, dry place.
1 ½ – 2 lbs sweet potatoes
1 Tbsp salted butter
substitutes: any cooking oil, or skip entirely
½ Tbsp honey
substitutes: maple syrup, or skip entirely
3 Tbsp milk
substitutes: any unflavored plant-based milk
½ tsp ground cinnamon
Dash of salt
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes.
- Add sweet potatoes to a large pot and fill with water until the water just covers the potatoes.
- Bring water and sweet potatoes to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes (or until sweet potatoes are tender).
- Drain sweet potatoes and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add butter, honey, milk, cinnamon, and salt to the bowl. Mash until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!