This simple, healthy & delicious soup can be made with nearly any vegetable you have on hand. Need a few ideas? Potatoes, corn, broccoli, mushrooms, onion, carrots, celery, cauliflower, tomato, zucchini, kale, spinach, beans, and peas all make for a very tasty soup.
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Substitute: any neutral cooking oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6-8 cups meat, vegetables, other add-ins
- 8 cups chicken broth
- Substitute: water, vegetable broth
- Heat butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic once butter is hot.
- Cook until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add meat, vegetables, and other add-ins to the pot and add enough chicken broth to cover. Season with salt. Bring soup to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until vegetables are tender and meat is cooked through.
- Add extra broth to thin out soup if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Source (NYT Cooking)