1 tablespoon (tbsp) vegetable or olive oil ½ teaspoon (tsp) turmeric
1¾ cup 1ong grain white rice
3½ cups water
¾ teaspoon (tsp) salt
1. In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the turmeric and rice and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Add the water and salt, increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for about 20 minutes, until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
5. Remove from the heat. Do not stir the rice. Let the rice rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.